Who is the sponsor of World Snooker Championship 2017? In the year 2017 Betfred sponsored one of the biggest tournament of snooker, “World Snooker Championship” which is starts from the 15th April till 1st May. Betfred also extend his sponsorship and became the world snooker championship sponsor until 2019. This extension is announced by the owner of the Betfred while presenting the trophy to Mark Selby in last year 2016.
Snooker’s biggest tournament, the World Championship, will be title-sponsored by Betfred for the next three years. Betfred Snooker Championship 2017 venue is Crucible in which last year the player from China Ding Junhui (Runner-Up) became the first Asian player who reached in the finals and more than 210 Million viewers watched live streaming world snooker championship from China.
Current World Snooker Champion Mark Selby who defeated the Asian player with the point (18 – 14) and lift the World Championship Trophy second time. Betfred also sponsored this tournament in the year ( 2007 to 2012 ) but they didn’t renew after the tournament of 2012 which is replaced by the Betfair and became the new sponsor of the world snooker championship.
Highest Break Prize World Snooker Championship last 5 Years:
- In the year 2016 Kyren Wilson is the one who win the prize of highest break (143) .
- In the year 2015 Neil Robertson and Stuart Bingham are the players who break the highest break ( 145 ) in the world snooker championship.
- In the year 2014 Neil Robertson won the prize of the highest break ( 140 ) .
- In the year 2013 Neil Robertson break the highest break ( 143 ) in the tournament.
- In the year 2012 Stephen Hendry won the prize of highest break ( 147 maximum break ) in the world snooker.
List of All Time World Snooker Championship Sponsors
- Betfred ( 2009 – 2012, 2015 – 2019 )
- Dafabet ( 2014 )
- 888.com (2006)
- Betfair ( 2013 )
- Embassy ( 1976 – 2005 )
- Player’s no 6 ( 1969 and 1973 )
- Park drive ( 1972 – 1974 )